s
r
d
l
dashin00 dashin00
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I need a straight up, simple, short answer. How does a magnet move electrons? If I know this, I can use deduction to figure out the rest for my essay. I do NOT want you to answer it for me, I just want you to tell me the physics behind how a magnetic field would move electrons. One or two paragraphs would be considered short here.
Thank you!
Read 424 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Here is the short of it. Moving magnets over one an other produces electrons as the opposite poles pass each other. The closer the space between the magnets the stronger the field resulting in more voltage but limited by the strength of the magnets and the speed they travel at
wrote...
11 years ago
Moving magnets cause electrons to flow in a wire.
If you move a magnet past a coil electricity will flow.
If you move a coil past a magnet electrons will flow.
The distance between is important.
The opposite effect is also true. Moving electricity makes a magnet. - an electromagnet
An electromagnet is made stronger by ore coils or putting an iron core inside the coils.
It is not exactly the magnetic field itself, but a moving field that causes electrons to move.

In natural magnets it is unpaired spinning electrons that create the magnetism. Iron, the most magnetic, has 3 unpaired electrons all spinning the same way. Unpaired is important because in a pair, there is one spinning clockwise and one spinning counterclockwise, cancelling the effect. So the spinning electrons, are moving, and create a magnetic field. When all the fields of all the atoms are alligned, you have a strong magnet.
wrote...
11 years ago
Magnetism does not, by itself, create electricity...

Consider this: Electricity is kinetic energy but a static magnetic field, by itself, is not an energy source...

When you change things like moving the magnet or the wires (like in a generator) or you change the magnetic field (like in a transformer) you can generate electricity...
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  917 People Browsing
 165 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 328