r
d
l
a
buffnstuff buffnstuff
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
There are so many and I don't know which are the best, or which are even legit, and now scams. Can anyone tell me some good schools to consider for Medical billing and coding training (distance learning pref.) Thanks!
Read 969 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Medical Billing is more hands-on training.

I'm not sure you will find legit training online.
wrote...
12 years ago
Before you spend time and money on it, look around and see if there are really any jobs to be had.  Most of the adds you see explaining how you can make bank doing it are actually for a school that would like to teach you how - not for someone actually hiring.

Most of the real jobs in the field are done by people who have other responsibilities for the employer as well.  Bookkeeping, Office Administration, etc...  A huge number of those jobs hire entry-level unskilled and train the worker OJT [just as does "pharmacy assistant']

If you're going to do it online with a trade school type place then go cheap.  Credits for this sort of program won't transfer anyway, no matter where you do it.  The credits simply don't apply to any other degrees/certs.  So, cheap is the best route.

Penn-Foster and Ashworth are both cheap and they have monthly payment plans.  Just understand that once you buy it from them, they expect you to pay for it.  Even if you don't complete it and even if you can't find a job with it.  90% of the complaints about these read something like "I signed up but changed my mind about finishing and they still expect me to pay for it so they suck."
wrote...
12 years ago
See if your community college offers courses in medical billing and coding because that would be the cheapest way to get your degree/certification.  My community college offers courses in medical billing, so perhaps your community college does, too.
wrote...
12 years ago
Your community college or vocational/technical school.
wrote...
12 years ago
no, I do not know what is the best school for medical billing and coding
wrote...
12 years ago
Your local community college or technical training school is usually the best (and cheapest) choice for medical billing and coding. Online schools are usually for-profit and employers may not always accept those credentials at par with industry-standard qualifications.

So, if you're keen on a career in this field, I recommend that you focus your energies on getting certified by nationally-accredited organizations like AAPC or AHIMA. Both of these are the highest apex bodies in the medical coding industry and their credentials are accepted and respected by employers across the US.

The former offers the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credential while the latter has the CCS and CCS-P credentials. Both are exam-based certifications.

http://cpcexam.ellsed.com

Either of these certificates will help you work as a qualified medical billing and coding professional anywhere across the US.

To become CPC certified, you can appear for the AAPC exam in your local city or town. It's a multiple-choice exam that requires at least 70% to pass.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1071 People Browsing
 112 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4