j
s
d
J
firestorm firestorm
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I am currently a chemistry major, I am thinking about switching my major to criminology and minoring in chemistry.  I want go into forensics, but not spend all day in a lab.  I would like to do crime scene investigations... Please help!
Read 421 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
You can find career advice at milkround
http://www.milkround.com/r1701693

once you've signed up, by clicking on the 'News & Advice' link then the 'What can i do with my career' link it'll give you a list of all types of degrees and what jobs you can do with them Slight Smile
it's pretty cool!

hope this helps x
wrote...
12 years ago
The best route to becoming a crime scene investigator is to become involved with law enforcement. Although some police departments do hire civilian CSIs, most are looking for investigators with a policing background. To be qualified you would need at least an associate?s degree, however many police departments do require applicants to have a bachelor?s degree.

Requirements to become a crime scene investigator are agency specific, so it is important to contact the hiring employer to see what you can do to be better qualified for the job. In general, the more college education and experience you have, the more attractive you are to hiring police departments.

You should be well off with your criminology degree, and the minor in chemistry will definitely be beneficial. Try contacting a local police department and get some experience in the field by volunteering as an auxiliary officer. You will most likely need to attend a police academy, so acting as a volunteer can help you get your foot in the door.

Best of luck!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1496 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion