j
P
t
S
c
Sync Sync
wrote...
6 years ago
Your friend Angelina wants to know what she can do to stimulate her son Mario’s development. What should Angelina do in her interactions with Mario and how should she structure his home environment to maximize his language development?
Textbook 

Children and Their Development

Edition: 3rd
Authors:
Read 648 times
11 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
AniaAnia
wrote...
Top Poster
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More questions for this book are available here
 A good answer will be similar to the following:
Angelina should speak frequently to Mario. Parents who speak frequently with their children provide their children with more opportunities to learn words. Language development also is fostered when parents name objects or activities that are the focus of a child’s attention. Reading books to a child increases the child’s encounters with unfamiliar words that leads to an increase in vocabulary. Also, asking Mario questions while reading to him will force him to identify the meanings of new words. The type of television shows that Mario watches may influence his language development. Watching television shows like “Sesame Street” in which Mario can actively participate and is challenged to use his emerging language skills probably will lead to improved language development.

This verified answer contains over 130 words.