t
S
m
s
dasmus dasmus
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
I'm currently teaching but would like to go into another field in the future.  I guess my question is two-parts: First, what could I use my math degree for now?  Most of the jobs I've looked at require a master's degree in mathematics.  Second, what kind of graduate programs should I look at?  I was thinking computer science, or finance, or some kind of engineering, maybe even mathematics, but I'm not sure what I'm qualified for based on my degree.
Read 313 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
If you know what college you'd like to attend, then I'd make an appointment with a career counselor or placement center there and talk to them.  Math is definitely a necessary skill, but a math major is purely academic and leads mainly to teaching. It you have the math skills it might be good to branch out into something you're really interested in: computers, finance or engineering.  Ultimately you want to be in a job you enjoy, so talking with a career counselor or life coach might help you organize your thoughts.
wrote...
11 years ago
You have a solid undergraduate degree, I would try to go into actuary science with your background you can make a lot of money there and you won't be competing amongst many others with finance degrees. The right engineering degree can also be very lucrative and rewarding. Good luck!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1233 People Browsing
Related Images