t
S
m
s
oallauddin oallauddin
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I am about to enter my last semester before receiving my Associates Degree in Psychology. I plan to continue on to receive both a Bachelors and Masters but because of my financial situation I have no choice but to work along the way. Will my Associates Degree really help me find a better job while I continue my education? If so, What kind? In what field?
Read 924 times
7 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Hardly any. We are in a recession and people with Bachelor's and Master's aren't getting any jobs.
wrote...
11 years ago
would you like fries with that?
wrote...
11 years ago
try the city or county for a psychiatry technician.
wrote...
11 years ago
My wife has her bachelors degree in psychology and works side by side with high school graduates in the same job. She is obviously quantum leaps of intelligence over her co-workers, but, there is not one job for psychology graduates that can't be filled by a high schooler. Used to be you could get a job right away in the social service dept. but, now that they cut over 60% of those jobs from the budget 5 years ago and still not allowing the workers to return, you are throwing your money away in that field. I would switch to nursing. Guaranteed jobs from now till 2020.
wrote...
11 years ago
Even in a good economy, don't be expecting to work in the psychology field.  You can substitute teach with some test certification, just a test, not a course, offered by the state, I think.  Just call a local school and ask the qualifications.  I know you need an Associates.  Also, some jobs ask for an Associates degree, but not a specific one.  One more thing, at this time in the psychology field there are very few careers involving a bachelor's degree.  Case workers for the mentally ill can have a bachelor's in psychology, but they make very little and the case load is extremely high, making burnout high.  If you are planning to go all the way to Masters level, look into receiving a doctorate of psychology, or psy.d.  This is three years instead of the two of Masters, but the extra year will put you in a higher salary bracket.
wrote...
11 years ago
nothing better than what you'll get with just a high schol diploma. Experience is what will help you in ANY field.
wrote...
11 years ago
Following website is useful and valuable for jobs with associates degree in Psychology.

http://www.pakistanjobs.pk

I hope you will be find this website is very lovely and excellent.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1100 People Browsing
Related Images