Z
j
s
d
J
datageekgh datageekgh
wrote...
12 years ago
I am a Psychology major seriously considering switching because I do not see where psychologists and psychiatrists will be needed in the future, I am considering switching to a liberal arts degree in Economics.
Read 809 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Im not sure about psycologists, but Psychiatrists are Doctors and are needed in the future and have security.
wrote...
12 years ago
No.

Unless you fully intend to pursue either a Ph.D. (required for licensure as a psychologist) or an M.D. (required for licensure as a psychiatrist), psychology is not a viable undergraduate major in the current market.

Obama's plan to socialize medicine will not eliminate the need for psychologists and psychiatrists. However, it will be very, very seriously curtailed, and only the most DIRE of cases will be approved for care.

~Dr. B.~
wrote...
12 years ago
Quit pussying around and get a BS or accept the fact that you're wasting time (and money!) and only delaying your crappy job.

There will always be demand for psychiatry, but you need the balls to hang through post-grad.
wrote...
12 years ago
with the falling economics i would think Both Dr's. would be needed.
wrote...
12 years ago
Psychologists and psychiatrists will always be needed.  However, the graduate programs are highly competitive and if you change your mind in your senior year you basically have no job prospects.  If you're considering switching, you should switch because you probably aren't interested enough in the field to get through at least 5 years of post-graduate study.  Economics is a much better choice.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1497 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 119
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?