t
S
m
s
ashtytran ashtytran
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I am about to graduate with a bachelor's degree in psychology.  At first i was really set on teaching but i think i would rather go into psychology but i wanted to know where i should look for jobs so that i can gain experience while i get my master's degree
man, with the answers i am getting, they are all great don't get me wrong, but teaching is sounding soooo much better!
Read 751 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Unfortunately, there is not much value in a master's degree in psychology. It will qualify you to teach psychology at community colleges, but it won't help for any professional positions you might apply for, and you can't become a counselor with it; you'd need to get a doctorate to practice or become licensed. So make sure a master's is really worthwhile before you get it.

With just a bachelor's degree in psychology, you can go many places. Human services occupations, human resources, analysis, etc. If you specifically want to counsel, look into getting a job that will lead to an MSW rather than an MA or MS.
wrote...
11 years ago
You need a doctorate to do well in this field. There are 20 undergrads in psych for every job available that can use the degree. Employers know this and demand a masters or a doctorate now to weed out those who are not truly dedicated to their craft.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  836 People Browsing
 107 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 585