t
S
m
s
biobeginner biobeginner
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
Here is MGMT 101 WEEK 4 MIDPOINT QUIZ. I hope it will be utilized as a tutorial guide for all members that need help in management. 

Question 1 of 20   
Bob works for me, I get him to do his work because I am his supervisor. He may not like it, but I'm the boss. The boss uses "personal power" to get Bob to accomplish his work.
A. True
B. False
Answer Key: False

Question 2 of 20   
The _______ says employees don't like work and need to be closely controlled to perform.
A. Theory X approach   
B. Theory Y approach   
Answer Key: A

Question 3 of 20   
Key Skills for Managing Performance: (Choose the BEST answer)
A. Set some expectations and goals   
B. Give positive feedback   
C. Delegate problem management effectively   
D. Supervise how you were trained, the employees will adjust   
E. None of the above   
Answer Key: B

Question 4 of 20   
All good performance begins with clear expectations and goals. Without these, employees seldom reach their potential. Unfortunately, nearly seven out of 10 supervisors and managers fail at it.
 A. True
 B. False
Answer Key: True

Question 5 of 20   
In setting goals the acronym SMART is often used. Which of the following is NOT a part of SMART.
A. Specific   
B. Measurable   
C. Attributable   
D. Relevant   
E. Time-bound   
Answer Key: C

Question 6 of 20   
When meeting with employees one-on-one you should never put agreements that you make with them in writing. Doing this could get you into trouble with the human resource department.
 A. True
 B. False

Question 7 of 20   
Counseling uses a directive process for chronic ongoing problems.
A. True
B. False

Question 8 of 20   
When using a disciplinary method, which of the following is NOT a recommended general step to be used?
A. Identify the problem   
B. State the expectation or goal   
C. Do not state the consequences   
D. Ask for employee comments, then summarize   

Question 9 of 20
Research shows that goal setting can improve performance __% in areas where it hasn't been applied.
A. 80   
B. 25   
C. 50   
D. 30   
Answer Key: B

Question 10 of 20   
It's been said that "feedback is the breakfast of champions." Feedback can be positive or negative and, when used correctly and appropriately, both are acceptable means of managing employee performance.
A. True
B. False

Question 11 of 20   
According to your text, one of the principles of giving constructive feedback is to avoid ____________ ___________. (two words)
A. Judgmental criticism   
B. Being specific   
C. Negative comments   
Answer Key: A

Question 12 of 20   
An supervisor who is too busy for employees is too busy to be a supervisor.
A. True
B. False

Question 13 of 20   
Which of the following is a goal of delegating?
A. For you to get more time off   
B. To improve employee efficiency   
C. Develop your employees' skills   
D. Improve quality of results   

Question 14 of 20   
The best supervisors use goals, _________ counseling, and recognition as key strategies with all employees.  performance
Answer Key: Performance

Question 15 of 20   
In a survey, Total Qualify Newsletter found that "job security" was more important than "money" to most people.
A. True
B. False

Question 16 of 20
For a supervisor who gives On the Job Training what does the letter "E" stand for in the P3+E?  essential skills
Answer Key: evaluate

Question 17 of 20   
Employees' perceptions of issues or problems often differ from their supervisor's perceptions. Unless the supervisor applies key communication skills, the different views can lead to conflicts. The conflicts can cause a lack of trust, rapport, and cooperation.
A. True
B. False

Question 18 of 20   
One of the reasons to communicate upwards (to your boss) is to minimize the problems your manager has to solve.
A. True
B. False

Question 19 of 20   
The first common reason for not delegating tasks given was a "lack of confidence in the employee."
A. True
B. False

Question 20 of 20   
In the below scenario Boss handled the delegation of the task properly. "Boss - Tammy, I want you to take over the audit program at the office. Tammy - ok, but I'm really busy this month and I've never done audits before. Boss - Everyone is busy, and I have the old files for your review. If you have questions ask. Tammy - I do have questions... Boss - Later, I have a meeting."
A. True
B. False
Read 8821 times
1 Reply