r
d
l
a
s
Fuaza Fuaza
wrote...
8 years ago
List four of the community interventions recommended by the CDC to prevent violence before it begins.
Textbook 
My Health: An Outcomes Approach

Edition: 1st
Author:
Read 357 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
1. Develop policies, intervention programs, and laws that prevent violence.
2. Work with individuals in skills-based educational programs that teach the basics of interpersonal communication, anger management, conflict resolution, appropriate assertiveness, and stress management.
3. Provide experiences that help young people develop self-esteem and self-efficacy.
4. Promote tolerance and acceptance, and establish and enforce policies that forbid discrimination on the basis of religion, gender, race, sexual orientation, age, marital status, income, or other differences.
5. Improve community services focused on family planning, mental health services, day care and respite care, and alcohol and substance abuse prevention.
6. Improve the built environment in communities by making sure walking trails, parking lots, and other public areas are well lit, unobstructed, and patrolled regularly.
7. Improve community-based support and treatment for victims, and ensure that individuals have choices available when trying to stop the violence in their lives.
Fuaza Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Just checked your answer with a friend, thanks for the valuable input.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  732 People Browsing
 119 Signed Up Today
Related Images