i
r
r
confusedmind confusedmind
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
Hi!
I am starting my senior year in a week, and I still need to decide between AP Bio and Regular Physics! Most of my friends in the dorm are taking AP Bio, but I know that it will be a lot of work and my 3rd AP class for the year  Crying Face  I know and like the teacher of Physics, but I heard that it has more math than AP Bio and I don't like math that much (even though I will have to take AP Calculus this year) I learned that only three people signed up for Physics until now who I don't know that well.
I really don't know which one to take! I don't want to be overwhelmed by the AP work, but I also want to to be in a fun class with my friends.
Please help me!
Thanks
Read 1312 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Such a hard decision!

A few questions:

Do any of the classes have labs?
Do you enjoy rearranging formulas?
Do you find life sciences interesting?
Do you enjoy multiple choice tests?
How many hours do you invest studying weekly?

Let me know then I will give you a recommendation.
confusedmind Author
wrote...
8 years ago
So I want to go to a German university and they require me taking a science class in my senior year, and those two are the only ones left!

I think that both of the classes have labs, but physics might have more.
I actually do enjoy rearranging formulas.
I DO NOT find it interesting. The truth is that I'm NOT a science person! I would rather take history or literature classes, but I have to take one of these classes!
I like multiple choice tests more than free response questions.
Maybe 4-5 hours? I'm not sure.. I will just have so many other things going on, so I don't know if I will have the time.

I would be so happy if you can give a recommendation @bio_man

wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
If you take the biology class, you'll be doing a lot multiple choice tests - which is fine. There are a ton of practice problems on this site and the web.

Biology is straight-forward compared to physics - it requires a lot more reading.

A lot of physics is theoretical. A lot of times you'll be assigned countless questions to practice. If you haven't done math in a while, you WILL struggle.

Both require a clunky textbook.

If you enjoy formulas and don't mind solving math questions at every test, try out the physics course, but if you enjoy learning about yourself, the world, animals, plants, etc., and don't mind reading, take the biology course.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1046 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 79