t
i
r
r
fishpharm fishpharm
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Im in 10th grade and I am about to take a 12th grade A&P course and I am super nervous....someone told me there is a lot of math involved, and math is def. not my strong point....SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!
Read 1662 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Who told you there is math involved? There is no math involved in A & P. The only numbers you'll probably encounter is when it comes to measurement. You will learn basic body structure and function. No "memorization" is needed as long as you understand the principles.
wrote...
12 years ago
hmmm no serious math last time i checked.   i think that person must have confused what class you were talking about with something else.  anatomy is the structure of the body - all the parts. and physiology is how they all work individually and together with each other.  that's it.  I think it's some pretty neet stuff!  relax, have fun!  don't let other people stress you out and ruin it for you. Slight Smile
wrote...
12 years ago
Of course this all depends on who teaches AP Biology but, on the actual AP Biology test, there is very little math, and nothing you can't handle.
The only math that I can think of is math related to Hardy Weigburg equilibrium (sounds scary, it's not) which is not always covered in AP Biology classes and that math involves very simple Algebra (solve for one variable and plug in existing variables...it's algebra I and even if you dont' remember it, it will come back right away).
10th grad physiology should not require much math if at all. Expect to learn all the basic systems: circulatory system, respiratory system, etc.
Good luck in Biology!
wrote...
12 years ago
Don't freak. A&P has nothing to do with math. It's all parts of the body and their functions. I teach high school A&P, and it's not that bad. There is a LOT of memorization involved. There are only a few concepts, such as cell transportation etc. other than that you have to know all the parts of certain body systems. Tough class, but awesome stuff! You'll enjoy it!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1152 People Browsing
Related Images