mgarr147 mgarr147
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
Course Title / Course Code: LSTD 303

Textbook: Introduction to Family Law and Practice

School: - - -

Price: I have some other APUS courses

Extra Information: If anyone has the midterm for LSTD 303, or 301 for that matter I would be willing to trade some of the courses I have including LSTD207, GERM100 and a few others...

Read 946 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
8 years ago
LSTD Apus course need help
 Part One: In your textbook you should have noticed that Tiger Woods was the highest compensated athlete in terms of salary and endorsements. However, Woods lost some endorsements for breaches or perceived breaches of his endorsement contracts. Find one example of an endorsement contract that was breached and the reasoning given by the endorser. Please discuss the situation and list your references.

Part Two:  Consider the following fact pattern.

Little Jimmy, who is fifteen years old, is a high school football player at Dead End High School.  At the start of every football season, the school’s athletic department requires that each student under eighteen years old get parental permission. On the back of  the parental permission form,  there is a waiver and release clause.  The waiver and release clause states:

The risk of injury to my child from the activities involved in these programs is significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,

FOR MYSELF, SPOUSE, AND CHILD, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume full responsibility for my child’s participation; and,
    I willingly agree to comply with the program’s stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant concern in my child’s readiness for participation and/or in the program itself, I will remove my child from the participation and bring such attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
    I myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS _____________________________ _________; (Legal Name Of Your Sports Program, Ex: League Name) its directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property incident to my child’s involvement or participation in these programs, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
    I, for myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS all the above Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.

I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.

_____________________________ ______ _____________________________ _____
(PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURE) (PRINT NAME)

Date Signed:_____________________________ ______

UNDERSTANDING OR RISK

I understand the seriousness of the risks involved in participating in this program, my personal responsibilities for adhering to rules and regulation, and accept them as a participant.

_____________________________ ______ _____________________________ _____
(PARTICIPANT SIGNATURE) (PRINT NAME)

Date Signed:_____________________________ ______

Little Jimmy’s mother and father are not supportive of Little Jimmy’s decision to play football.  Last season, Little Jimmy broke his leg during a game resulting in months of rehab.  Because of his parent’s reluctance, Little Jimmy forges his mother and father’s signature.   The next day, Little Jimmy hands in the form with the forged signatures.   During a game later in the season, Little Jimmy suffers a heart-attack during a game.   Thereafter, Little Jimmy’s parents sue the school, arguing that he should not have been playing football and that the school had not insured that he was physically fit to play. The school raises the signed permission form with the release/waiver provisions in its defense.  Little Jimmy’s parents argue that they never signed the form.

Please analyze this situation.   
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  939 People Browsing
 121 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?