t
i
r
r
robjenkens robjenkens
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I had to get the TDAP vaccine (the tetanus + whooping cough) vaccine and hepatitis b booster, as well as a tb skin test today.

They gave everything to me in my left arm. That arms is very tender and sore now. I am also experiencing on the left side a sharp chest pain occasionally. Should I be concerned?
Read 486 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
If you were anxious about the procedures, I wouldn't be surprised that you have chest pain.  It's not like you just got out of bed, got in your car, and drove to work sipping a latte on the way.  If you aren't keen on the process, it might just be the 'fright' response kicking in.

Maybe it's referred pain from the site of injection?  If it continues for more than 24 hours, I would see a doctor.

Take care. =)
wrote...
11 years ago
I don't think your nervous about your shots considering your area of study, but maybe you are.  But it could also be the start of school.  I was so sick the first week of school.  I had heartburn (which I NEVER have) upset stomach, vomiting, and was actually shaking just because of the stress.  You could be nervous about starting school.  But you know your body best.  You know if it's nerves or if your body is telling you something is not quite right.  If you think it's not nerves, then call a 24 hour nurse.  There should have been one where you got your shots, if not there should be a nurse you can call from your insurance company.  I called many of nurses with Syrie before.  They usually reassure me everything is ok, but sometimes they do freak you out over nothing.  
wrote...
11 years ago
chest pain ?, maybe the stress is affecting your heart, that is always a tough call as to whether or not to go to the doctor, at least call the people who gave you the vaccinations to see what they have to say. Which to protect themselfs probably will be to go to the ER. Baby aspirin maybe if its a heart attack.

you can take antihistamines like benadryl (not the decongestant combination product)  and tylenol to lessen the side effects of vaccination.

The Merck Manual is now free online:

http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec14/ch169/ch169b.html?qt=vaccinations&alt=sh
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  847 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 328

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?