t
S
m
s
momof1 momof1
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
13 years ago
In humans, Kinky hair (H++), curly hair (H+), wavy hair H) and straight hair (h) are dominant in that order. Dark hair dominates red hair. A male with wavy red hair, whose mother has straight dark hair, marries a dark haired female with straight hair who has a father with curly red hair. What type of children can they expect to produce, and what is the probability of producing these types of offspring?
Read 4953 times
8 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
13 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free

Related Topics

momof1 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Thank you again Bio Man. I really appreciate your help. Believe it or not I am actually beginning to get the hang of these although some of them still stump me along the way.
What do the B and b represent in your P sq?
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
You're welcome.

The small b is red hair (the recessive trait) and the large B is dark hair (the dominant trait). I used the letter B to indicate black hair (or dark hair). You can choose which ever letter you like. The trick with this question is figuring out the hair colour genes of the man and woman's parents because they do not give you full details.

Reply back if you need further assistance.
momof1 Author
wrote...
13 years ago Edited: 13 years ago, momof1
Great! Thanks again. I apologize for asking that Q because after a closer look I see that you had already indicated what the representations were in a smaller font. That was my mistake and I should have guessed as much because you are very thourough with your answers. Hope I can be of assistance to you one day but something tells me it won't be in Biology. HaHa.  Until then.................
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
you're welcome momof1; you will eventually get the hang of it!
wrote...
4 years ago
thank you
wrote...
3 years ago
Thank you
wrote...
2 years ago
ty
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  794 People Browsing
 111 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?