t
i
r
r
skinnypup skinnypup
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
8 years ago
I have a paper that is due this weekend. For the following senerio, I must develop solutions for this. I would like someone to help me figure out what would work in this example. Many thanks!

Ms. Francis is a new file clerk supervisor.  The prior supervisor was terminated for incompetence and the position remained vacant for 4 months before she was hired.  She was faced with many issues dealing with the quality of the work provided to staff, resulting in a lot of time spent searching for misplaced charts and paperwork.  Many of the misfiled charts are not just transposed numbers or 1 to 2 charts off, but are grossly misplaced.  (Like in the physician’s closet misplaced.)  The loose materials in the charts have been found filed in the wrong order and in the wrong chart. 
The hospital staff is complaining.  The following are examples of some of the complaints:
•   They are not getting the charts they requested.
•   The records they receive are not organized.
•   At times the charts are never provided.
•   Sometimes the chart they receive is not the chart requested.
Ms. Francis has the following employee structure:
•   6 full-time employees (FTEs) on the day shift.  These employees are responsible for receiving charts from the ER, finishing up anything not completed by the night staff and filing loose materials.
•   2 FTE evening staff.  These employees are responsible for filing all the charts returned throughout the day and pull for the ER.
•   2 FTE night staff.  These employees are responsible for pulling charts for the clinic’s next day patient encounters, pulling charts for the ER and for administrative purposes.
The daily work assignments can be described as follows:
•   Staff members are to take the first stack of charts, sort them into terminal digit order and then file them into the correct area.
•   Staff members are to take the first stack of loose paper records, sort them into terminal digit order and then place them into the correct charts in the correct order.
•   There is no control over the number of charts each employee is required to work on or the area of the filing shelves that each employee is responsible.
Ms. Francis does find that the work volume per employees is suitable and the overall flow is appropriate.

Read 313 times