t
i
r
r
RJ5876 RJ5876
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
My chemistry book has a very small table listing some weak acids and bases but many times they don't list the acid/base that I'm looking for.

Do weak acids/bases have any characteristics in common that I can look for or is there a comprehensive list on the Internet with weak acids/bases?
Read 526 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salicylic_acid
you can usually wiki the acid and go to properties and find the Ka which should tell you whether it's an acid or a base and the strength
wrote...
11 years ago
In order to find out how base or acidic something is you have to use a Logarithmic function. And the one for finding out a acid and a base is
MaVa=MbVn
Ma=(MbVB)/(Va)
wrote...
11 years ago
Acids are contributing H+ ions to a solution. H+ ions concentration of a solution is determined by the pH of the solution.
Neutral Distilled water is considered as having pH =0. Anything with pH value in -ve is acid, higher the negative value the stronger the acid. Similarly anything with pH value in +ve is a base, higher the positive value the stronger the base and weaker the acid.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1005 People Browsing
 101 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274