r
d
l
a
Rkamu Rkamu
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
I know Blood Type O cannot recieve blood from Blood Type A.  Could Type O's receive AB's or?
Read 975 times
8 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Only from type O

They may give to anyone.
wrote...
11 years ago
Yes, type O can recieve type AB. I am a type O.Face with Open Mouth) Any other blood types, more than likely your body will reject it. Along time ago my cousin had a tropical disease called dengue fever(mosquito disease) in tropical countries and she was a type O and the blood bank had little type O blood, so they mixed A and B blood together and it worked. She is now a happy and healthy woman. Face with Open Mouth)
wrote...
11 years ago
A type O blood type can only recieve type O blood safely.
wrote...
11 years ago
Blood Type 'O' can only receive from 'O' only. But it is a universal donor... could donate blood to other blood types.
wrote...
11 years ago
A person with blood group O can receive blood of same group with taking care of Rh-factor. i.e, +ve or -ve.
                                    Although 'o'blood group persons are universal donors similarly AB group are universal acceptors.
wrote...
11 years ago
Only O. They are known as the universal Donor.
wrote...
11 years ago
i think he can only receive blood type O since he is universal doner,not a universal receiver,blood type AB is.
wrote...
11 years ago
I hate to say it, but poshbaby, is wrong.  The only type of blood a type O person can get is type O.  You have naturallyl occuring antibodies in your body that would attack and kill any other blood type cells, making them useless.  This is fatal! It can result in kidney failure, shock, and damage to your liver and spleen, among other things.  If you're getting blood, chances are people are trying to help you, not kill you.

*If you are O+ you can get either O+ or O-.  If you're O- all you can get is O-*
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1071 People Browsing
 111 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 328