t
S
m
s
GambaJabari GambaJabari
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
10 years ago
Is there a teachers edition of this book? If there is, does it provide an answer for the "Write about a theme" section at the end of every chapter? I just want to make sure I hit all the points.

If not, I will post the questions and feel free to provide a few main points that i should hit in my essays.

Thanks guys (and ladies of course)

1. While waiting at an airport, Neil Campbell once overheard this claim: “It’s paranoid and ignorant to worry about industry or agriculture contaminating the environment with their chemical wastes. After all,
this stuff is just made of the same atoms that were already present in our environment.” Drawing on your knowledge of electron distribution, bonding, and the theme of emergent properties

2. Emergent Properties Several emergent properties of water contribute to the suitability of the environment for life. In a short essay (100–150 words), describe how the ability of water to function as a versatile solvent arises from the structure of water molecules.

3. In 1918, an epidemic of sleeping sickness caused an unusual rigid paralysis in some survivors, similar to symptoms of advanced Parkinson’s disease. Years later, L-dopa (below, left), a chemical used to treat Parkinson’s disease, was given to some of these patients, as dramatized in the movie Awakenings, starring Robin Williams. L-dopa was remarkably effective at eliminating the paralysis, at least temporarily. However, its enantiomer, D-dopa (right), was subsequently shown to have no effect at all, as is the case for
Parkinson’s disease. In a short essay (100–150 words), discuss how the effectiveness of one enantiomer and not the other illustrates the theme of structure and function.

Again, I just want main points no essays needed. Thanks a bunch!
Read 4542 times
4 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
padrepadre
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
Top Poster
10 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 600 words.
ahalolomgx23253,  DerGrosse,  skurpydowndelan,  bio_man,  maplegtech,  kuolaurence,  Memes
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile