t
i
r
r
jsswe3 jsswe3
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I really need help with these questions Cardiovascular Dynamics Activity 1: Studying the Effect of Flow Tube Radius on Fluid Flow
1. What happened to the fluid flow rate as the radius was decreased?
2. Is the relationship between the fluid flow rate and the flow tube radius linear or exponential?
3. In atherosclerosis, vessels become thickened because of deposits of cholesterol and plaque formation. Do you think that flow would be faster or slower in areas of plaque formation?
4. How does driving pressure affect fluid flow?
Activity 2: Studying the Effect of Viscosity on Fluid Flow
Data: Please either submit a chart or type the data.
Questions: Please answer the questions in complete sentences and explain your answers.
1. How does viscosity affect the fluid flow rate?
2. What effect does anemia have on blood flow?
3. Dehydration results in increased blood viscosity, how would this affect blood flow?
4. Is fluid flow versus viscosity and inverse or direct relationship?
Activity 7: Studying Combined Effects
Questions: Please answer the questions in complete sentences and explain your answers.
1. What effect does increased hearting rate have on end diastolic volume?
2. How is the flow rate affected when the right flow tube radius is kept constant (at 3.0 mm) and the left flow tube radius is modified (either up or down)?
3. What happens to fluid flow when the right beaker pressure equals pump pressure?
4. Try manipulating the pressure delivered to the left beaker. How does changing the left beaker pressure affect flow rate? (This change would be similar to changing pulmonary vein pressure).
5. What happens to the pump rate if the filling time is shortened?
Read 2265 times
4 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
Are these the answers you're looking for?

Activity 1: Studying the Effect of Flow Tube Radius on Fluid Flow (pp. 60–62)

Fluid flow increases as the radius of the flow tube is increased. Because fluid flow is proportional to the fourth power of the radius, increases/decreases in tube radius cause increases/decreases in fluid flow. The relationship between fluid flow and flow tube radius is exponential. We alter blood flow in the human body by increasing or decreasing the diameter of blood vessels by the contraction or relaxation of smooth muscle tissue in vessel walls. After a heavy meal when we are relatively inactive, we might expect blood vessels in the skeletal muscles to be somewhat constricted while blood vessels in the digestive organs are probably dilated.
jsswe3 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Yes but i need help with the others thank you
wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
12 years ago
Yes but i need help with the others thank you

Activity 2 and 7?
jsswe3 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
yes
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1106 People Browsing
Gallery

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4