r
d
l
a
allmyheart allmyheart
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
If inappropriate behavior is not disruptive and is of limited duration, a teacher may choose to ignore it until a time when he/she can address it without interrupting the lesson.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Ques. 2

Mr. Marks has a procedure requiring students to write in pen, except in mathematics, where he has them use pencils. Mr. Marks is inconsistent in his expectations and should require either pen or pencil all the time.

Ques. 3

An effective teacher is absolutely consistent in enforcing rules and procedural expectations.

Ques. 4

Consistency in enforcing rules and procedural expectations is key in avoiding the development of inappropriate behavior.

Ques. 5

Issues with classroom management can develop so gradually that a teacher may not notice that problems are developing until they interfere with activities.

Ques. 6

Once you have taught students what is expected of them, you can assume that they will behave appropriately.

Ques. 7

Ms. Baker brings you her lesson plan book and says, Remember that six-week cooperative group project I told you I was going to do? You know, the ones where the students are going to create a product and devise a way to sell it as a fundraiser for our field trip? Well I've got the whole thing planned just the way I want it. I know exactly what is going to happen every day of the project, I have determined what the students should sell and what materials they'll need, I've set behavioral parameters in place so there won't be conflict, and I have written up step-by-step directions for each group. I'm thrilled Knowing what you do about cooperative learning, you realize that

a. Ms. Baker has adhered to recommendations about planning for simple cooperative tasks, because she has been extremely clear about her expectations.
  b. Ms. Baker's good intentions with regard to detailed planning may, in fact, deprive her students of the change to engage in the very kind of deep thinking and problem-solving that cooperative learning is supposed to facilitate.
  c. students are likely to be unsuccessful at meeting Ms. Baker's expectations, because they are too specific.
  d. students will likely create extremely creative, well-thought-out products that sell well and generate a significant amount of money for the field trip fund.

Ques. 8

To be truly effective, cooperative group activities must be structured to include both group goals and individual accountability. If a teacher establishes a group goal but fails to plan for individual accountability, the most pressing danger is that

a. the group will not meet its goal at all.
  b. some students will be work horses and dominate the group, while others may be free riders, who contribute little.
  c. students will learn the content only at a basic level.
  d. conflict will break out and students will be upset and angry.

Ques. 9

Getting the attention of students who are engaged in a task can be challenging. What do the text authors recommend as an effective means of calling for the whole class's attention at once?

a. an auditory signal, such as the use of a bell or timer
  b. a visual signal such as raising your hand
  c. raising your voice so that all students can hear, and lowering the pitch as you speak, because students naturally associate lower-pitched voices with authority
  d. a visual and auditory signal that requires a response from the students
Read 1380 times
4 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
samersamer
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free