t
i
r
r
julesarth julesarth
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
choose the correct / more appropriate option and support your choice with suitable reason(s).
But Greeny, as you pointed out, auxin promotes apical dominance which deprives lateral appendages of nutrients. whereas ck nullifies this effect of auxins. Since the commercial importance of tea plants is in their leaves, wouldn't ck be more suitable for them than auxins (for better development of leaves) ?
Read 1068 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
AUXIN

With auxin (NAA) to enhance simultaneous leaf and root system development....

TEA PLANTATION

Plant cutting, also known as striking or cloning, is a technique for vegetatively (asexually) propagating plants in which a piece of the source plant containing at least one stem cell is placed in a suitable medium such as moist soil, potting mix, coir or rock wool. The cutting produces new roots, stems, or both, and thus becomes a new plant independent of the parent.

AUXIN IN TEA PLANTATION

Auxin stimulates cell elongation by stimulating wall loosening factors, such as elastins, to loosen cell walls. The effect is stronger if gibberellins are also present.
Auxin also stimulates cell division if cytokinins are present.
 When auxin and cytokinin are applied to callus, rooting can be generated if the auxin concentration is higher than cytokinin concentration. Xylem tissues can be generated when the auxin concentration is equal to the cytokinins.

Auxin participates in phototropism, geotropism, hydrotropism and other developmental changes.
 The uneven distribution of auxin, due to environmental cues such as unidirectional light or gravity force, results in uneven plant tissue growth.Auxin also induces sugar and mineral accumulation at the site of application.

Root growth and development
Auxin induces new root formation by breaking root apical dominance induced by cytokinins. In horticulture, auxins, especially NAA and IBA, are commonly applied to stimulate root growth when taking cuttings of plants. However, high concentrations of auxin inhibit root elongation and instead enhance adventitious root formation. Removal of the root tip can lead to inhibition of secondary root formation.

CASE STUDY:

Genetic control of polar auxin transport in plants and manipulation of plant growth, architecture and morphogenesis...........
This invention relates to the control of polar auxin transport or auxin activity and of plant hormone levels at the molecular level.
 It particularly relates to nucleotide sequences of the pin gene, their derivatives and fragments and the encoded gene products involved in polar auxin transport, and a method for the production of new plants carrying at least one of the nucleotide sequences of the invention.
 Further, the invention relates to new plants showing altered plant growth, architecture, morphogenesis, branching, flowering, fruit production and/or other developmental features affected by auxin.
wrote...
11 years ago
i think you appeared 4 cbse mains. well even i think the ans cant be auxin coz in tea plantation we dont need the plant to grow much taller, even i'm very much confused on this, my ans was cytokinin....lets see.....
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1184 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352