r
d
l
a
Da_Capo Da_Capo
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
12 years ago
 Crying Face      I have to turn this in at midnight and the last two questions are really beyond my brain tonight.....

Please Help!

Describe the effect that increasing potassium ions initially had on the heart in this activity. Relate this to the resting membrane potential of the cardiac muscle cell. How well did the results compare with your prediction(I predicted that it would decrease heart rate)  Recall that during the experiment you were asked,: excess potassium outside the cardiac cell decreases the resting potential. What effect(if any) do you think it will initially have on heart rate.

For some reason the computer program doesn't seem to be working correctly for this experiment. It is not recording my results correctly. What I got when I added the potassium was a decreased heart rate. I didn't notice something that was only  initially which the question seems to infer. Has anybody else done this and gotten different results. Does anyone know what results are expected??  I'm really frustrated... Pouting Face
Read 6627 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
duddyduddy
wrote...
Staff Member
Top Poster
12 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science