S
m
s
memucha memucha
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
12 years ago
can someone please help me??
I have to write an abstract for PhysioEx 8.0 exercise 4 Endocrine System Physiology, but only for Hormones and Metabolism; please  I need your help!!! I am totally crazy with this abstract.

thanks
memucha
Read 4757 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
12 years ago
I responded to the previous post, let us know when you're ready.
memucha Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Abstract
The purpose of this experiment is to find the effects of thyroxine and TSH on an animal’s metabolic rate. During the experiment the reaction of the thyroxine, and TSH acted the same results faster as baseline (no injection), but propylthiouracil injection acted in different way with the hypox rat because this the pituitary glands has been removed.
The endocrine system controls the operation of every cell, tissue, and organ in the body. It acts to preserve a secure internal body environment, in spite of alterations occurring within or outside of the body. Endocrine cells have the capability to sense and react to changes via the excretion of particular chemicals known as hormones. Hormones are carried in the blood, generally attached to exact plasma proteins, and circulate around the body. When the hormone-protein compound arrives at target cell, the hormone separates from the protein and goes into the cell to stimulate a specific reaction.

Can you check if this abstract is correct please??
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
12 years ago
The purpose of this experiment is to find the effects of thyroxine and TSH [DO NOT USE SHORT-FORM] on an animal’s [WHICH ANIMAL?] metabolic rate. IT WAS FOUND THAT WHEN thyroxine and TSH WERE USED, METABOLIC RATE INCREASED, WHEREAS WHEN propylthiouracil WAS injectED, [CONTINUE THIS BY STATING THE RESULTS] acted in different way with the hypox rat because this the pituitary glands has been removed.

WHY ARE YOU INCLUDING THIS? IT SHOULDN'T GO IN THE ABSTRACT UNLESS YOU'RE USING IT TO EXPLAIN YOUR RESULTS.

The endocrine system controls the operation of every cell, tissue, and organ in the body. It acts to preserve a secure internal body environment, in spite of alterations occurring within or outside of the body. Endocrine cells have the capability to sense and react to changes via the excretion of particular chemicals known as hormones. Hormones are carried in the blood, generally attached to exact plasma proteins, and circulate around the body. When the hormone-protein compound arrives at target cell, the hormone separates from the protein and goes into the cell to stimulate a specific reaction.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1112 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741