d
l
a
s
patrickdyas patrickdyas
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago Edited: 7 years ago, patrickdyas
Use first picture attachment for question 1 and the second picture attachment for question 2.

1. The genotypes of the father, Nicholas II of Russia; his wife, Alexandra; and their son Alexis, respectively, are

a.XrY, XRXr, and XRY

b.XRYr, XRXr, and XrYr 

c.XRY, XRXR, and XrY

d.XRY,  XRXr, and XrY

Hint: The son, Alexis, suffered greatly from his bouts of internal bleeding associated with hemophilia. His mother turned to the holy man Rasputin for help. It is thought that Rasputin helped fan the flames of the Russian Revolution. Have you heard the song "Rasputin" by Boney M?

2. Examine the following pedigree:

A. What can you deduce about the pattern of inheritance of the trait?

B. Give one example of a human genetic condition that is passed on in this way.

C. What is the genotype of Individual I-1?

D. How do the phenotypes of individual III-1, III-2, and III-3 differ from the predicted ratios? what might account the difference?

3. You have discovered a new autosomal recessive genetic condition. Individuals with this condition do not survive long after birth, and so do not have children of their own. Will the trait be eliminated from the population over time? Explain.

Please help! I searched already and have found none of these questions answered! These are the last few questions I have left on this module!

Post Merge: 7 years ago

Anyone!! Undecided
Read 750 times
1 Reply