f
j
b
c
Nwolf82 Nwolf82
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Atheists, what do you believe and know about eternity and cause/effect?
Read 507 times
8 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I know that eternity by definition is forever, this is a concept that I as a human can not fully comprehend. Cause and effect says that one thing happens because of the thing that happened before it.

Cause and effect really is all the evidence we need to prove that god doesn't exist because no thing could have created god.
wrote...
11 years ago
That eternity is supposed to last a long time, and that cause precedes effect.

Do you have some kind of a point or something?
wrote...
11 years ago
in terms of eternity, energy is the only thing that is truly eternal in whatever form it may take - even as absolutely nothing. in terms of cause and effect, it's a little unnecessary to think that the universe was caused by a god, as the big bang already serves the same job as a god. besides, I don't really think you can cause a universe, as a universe is the medium of causality, not to mention the fact that there was no time or space before the big bang for a cause to take place in.
wrote...
11 years ago
Apparently, more than you ever will.
wrote...
11 years ago
That eternity is infinite, an effect is the result, the cause is something that started something, which is the effect of something else.

Hmm...I don't see or like where this is going...
wrote...
11 years ago
Atheists don't believe in cause-effect principle. They believe that objective reality is a product of their imagination because Illuminati said so on TV.
wrote...
11 years ago
Eternity is a limit state, it corresponds to infinity or absolute zero.

Cause and effect is part of the religious thinking mental complex. From Occasionalism through Leibniz's idea that causation was contained as a property of objects, to Hume's more natural statistical treatment. it has usually been tied strongly to intentionality.
Cause and effect is still a debated topic in philosophy.
Some people are not even sure if it really exists. Some of the heavy hitters suggest that it has no place in science either.

I tend to believe the world is classically chaotic instead and that the order we see is a product of our own minds.
wrote...
11 years ago
Here's what I believe:

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1109 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 483