t
S
m
s
BeginSci BeginSci
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago
Hello everyone. This is my first time on this forum!

I have a question in regards to diving deeper into the world of Biology.

I've taken a total of 2 Biology courses over the time of my college education and I absolutely loved it!
Although Biology isn't my career path nor my major, I am interested enough in Biology that I would like to pursue knowledge in the field and consider minoring in it.

I am mainly interested in Cellular Biology (Cytology), Microbiology, Evolution, and just Biochemistry in general.

Although the introductory classes of Biology that I've taken have given me a sort of exposure to the science, I don't know where to continue on from here. I've kept and took very good notes of both my classes and kept the lab manuals (I didn't buy any textbooks).

I asked someone, whom I know, this same question and they recommended that I take a look at a Biochemistry textbook.
I found one and within the first couple of pages I was confused. It seemed to be teaching information with the assumption that the reader was already knowledgeable about other topics.

As someone who's knowledge is very limited to 2 courses of Biology I & II, where should I begin my quest to learn about Biology in the subjects I'm interested in?
I'm very interested in it being a hands on learning experience so experiment ideas are largely welcome.
I'm looking for references, books, ideas, and just a general place to start with self-education on these subjects.
Read 1183 times