t
S
m
s
Fromnothing Fromnothing
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago
I have been interested in how life is made. I've been making terrariums and observing them.
    I was watching a video on YouTube about terrariums and someone said "what if earth is just one big terrarium?" Which got me thinking. If I make a terrarium and put a select few insects in it, such as and and ladybugs, and maybe some other insects, what would happen?
      Can two different insects make a new tire of insect? Or for instance, maybe I put for differs sources of insect in it, but later on I notice an insect that I hadn't put in personally. What would that be?
      I know I'm not good at explaining my exact question, but I'm pretty much asking if a terrarium can slowly make its own ecosystem based off of two insects i put in on my own.
Read 225 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
I was watching a video on YouTube about terrariums and someone said "what if earth is just one big terrarium?" Which got me thinking. If I make a terrarium and put a select few insects in it, such as and and ladybugs, and maybe some other insects, what would happen?

They'd likely die due to the lack of oxygen. I'm assuming the terrarium is closed off.

A blog was written about this a few years ago, take a read (1 minute read): https://biology-forums.com/index.php?article=83.0

Can two different insects make a new tire of insect? Or for instance, maybe I put for differs sources of insect in it, but later on I notice an insect that I hadn't put in personally. What would that be?

Absolutely not. Insects differ in their genetic composition, so they cannot reproduce.

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  814 People Browsing
 111 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?