a
J
k
r
O
x
d
s
Poll: Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Talking / texting
517 (0.5%)
Playing video games
43 (0%)
Listening to music
12 (0%)
Watching TV
48 (0%)
Browsing the web
82 (0.1%)
Napping
27 (0%)
Other
12 (0%)
Total Voters: 98454  
Biology Forums Biology Forums
wrote...
Administrator
7 years ago Edited: 7 years ago, Biology-Forums
With the endless amount of distractions you face daily, what's distracting you the most?
Read 17930 times
12 Replies
B.Sc. (Biology)

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
7 years ago
Naps used to kill me, 3, 4 hour power naps lol
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
7 years ago
Listening to music is the most distract I've because you have to change the station or song whenever you don't like the song being played. It helps when all your songs are good though, but most people's playlists are filled with very layer songs so having it on makes it counter productive.
wrote...
Valued Member
7 years ago
Completely agree and when they're really good songs you could end up dancing!
I usually like listening to instrumentals instead or music in a language I could not sing to Face with Stuck-out Tongue It works Slight Smile
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience
PhD. Candidate in Neuroscience

wrote...
7 years ago
With an excellent playlist, you can do a lot Wink Face
wrote...
5 years ago
Math and music goes hand in hand with me, math + humanities doesn't
wrote...
5 years ago
watching TV is the most distracting, cause it uses two means of perception: eyes and ears
wrote...
5 years ago
after napping i always forget what i've done before))))
wrote...
5 years ago
Facebook and Instagram! Definitely!

It`s impossible to count how many times I have been trying to avoid these enemies during "study breaks". I think this common issue is one of the most crucial nowadays. On the one hand, social networks are a powerful tool for cooperation, spreading useful knowledge and sharing best practices in different spheres of life. But the number of time people spend by liking and commenting on meaningless posts is impressive. Really pity thing.  Face with Cold Sweat

All in all, I vote for social networks as the biggest distraction for studying.
Biology Batman  Slight Smile
Jedi Thinker  Grinning Face

Useful tips for improving academic writing on different topics
wrote...
Staff Member
5 years ago
Facebook and Instagram! Definitely!

After watching Snowden, I don't trust either of these companies (yes, I know they're the same). It's unfortunate how connected we are to private companies, it's scary really. Maybe that's their end goal, to make us lazy and complacent.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
5 years ago
Also, the last scandal with Facebook and data lick. More than 90 mln people were in a huge dangerous due to revealing their personal info. But who cares in the end?

Found an interesting article on BBC about the impact of social networks. Maybe, would be interesting to check: http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180104-is-social-media-bad-for-you-the-evidence-and-the-unknowns

wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
5 years ago
Also, the last scandal with Facebook and data lick. More than 90 mln people were in a huge dangerous due to revealing their personal info. But who cares in the end?

Funny how people forgot all about that because I'm one of them Grinning Face with Smiling Eyes Anything in moderation is fine but how do you define moderation? Moderation is subjective AND relative to other activities a person does daily, so really the phrase means nothing. Too much philosophy? If only Aristotle could clear things up for us
wrote...
5 years ago
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity (c) Einstein

Nothing to add

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  710 People Browsing
 139 Signed Up Today
Gallery

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 369