r
d
l
a
jgosset2 jgosset2
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago
A company that produces pleasure boats has decided to expand one of its lines. Current facilities are insufficient to handle the increased workload, so the company is considering three alternatives, A (new location), B (subcontract), and C (expand existing facilities).
       Alternative A would involve substantial fixed costs but relatively low variable costs: fixed costs would be $265,000 per year, and variable costs would be $590 per boat. Subcontracting would involve a cost per boat of $2,560, and expansion would require an annual fixed cost of $51,000 and a variable cost of $1,070 per boat.

a. Find the range of output for each alternative that would yield the lowest total cost. (Leave no cells blank - be certain to enter "0" wherever required. Round your answers to the nearest whole number.)

A _____ or more
B _____ to _____      
C _____ to _____      

b. Which alternative would yield the lowest total cost for an expected annual volume of 140 boats?
 A, B, or C?   

Read 1618 times
12 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
7 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 170 words.