t
i
r
r
colleen colleen
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
While reviewing the male patient’s history in the chart above, the nurse becomes concerned. The patient states, “I haven’t been to see a physician in years and it’s time for me to get a thorough check-up.” Based on the nurse’s understanding of genetically related diseases, which of the following diagnostic screening examinations may be ordered for this patient?

1. a mammogram
2. a prostate exam
3. a colonoscopy
4. a cardiovascular assessment
Read 461 times
1 Reply
Sunshine ☀ ☼

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
4 -- This patient should receive a cardiovascular assessment. The patient has an increased risk of being diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease because the patient has two family members that were diagnosed with cardiovascular disorders that developed early, when compared to other people. This patient does not necessarily have an increased risk of breast cancer because the patient’s mother was diagnosed with breast cancer after the age of 50. The patient does not have an increased risk of prostate cancer because the patient’s uncle was diagnosed with prostate cancer after the age of 60. The patient does not have an increased risk of developing colon cancer because the patient’s sister was diagnosed with colon cancer after the age of 50.
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1324 People Browsing
 132 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?