r
d
l
a
s
toni_malvina toni_malvina
wrote...
11 years ago
i want to be able to operate a devise on a 20 amp circuit with my cell phone from long distance to simply turn the switch off and back on again. trying to do this with circuitry maybe an in line devise soldered in?
what i need is to use cell phone technology to accept the call and have ability to turn the 20amp switch off and back on again to reset a device
Read 424 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
That's deviCe.
X10 is no use to you.
A telephone answering machine could be adapted to receive your call from a cell phone. You can then send a DTMF code to a decoder connected to the answering machine, to do your switching. To confirm the desired action has occurred, a tone could then be sent back to you. A different tone could be used to distinguish on from off.
The DTMF code can just be a number you press in after the machine answers. The cell phone generates DTMF.
Without some sort of security, anyone calling your home number could activate your switch unintentionally. There would have to be a disconnect timer at your home, just in case.
Remember, anything connected to a telephone line must comply with regulations.
There could be commercial remote control units available, if you enquire. The cost could save you a lot of hassle, and possible unreliability.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  792 People Browsing
 131 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 79