t
S
m
s
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
13 years ago Edited: 13 years ago, bio_man
Wink Face Depends on how good you are. Most rookies have a hard time with simple Gram staining Face with Stuck-out Tongue.

Since they have limited you to these tests, lalala, you may not be able to identify mycobacteria Undecided. Do you have a particular protocol that you're following? The files I attached show you exactly how to perform these.
lalala Author
wrote...
13 years ago
I only need to set-up an imaginary experiment and describle expected outcomes. What's important is whether those tests can identify up to species level.

For example, gram stain + observing + oxidase test: staphylococcal genus. But to species level, I have no idea how to differentiate them anymore. This is one of the biggest challlenges I have. Are you able to assist?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
13 years ago
I can always send you my old write-up, that is, when I had to identify an unknown species of bacteria?
lalala Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Do you have anything that can go to species level? My thought to see is that identifying to genus level using those tests that I have used in the lab shouldnt be a problem but going to species level without specific tests can be rather challenging. Any assistance on this?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
13 years ago
Here you are Wink Face.
 Attached file(s) 
(18.13 KB)
(22.21 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  996 People Browsing
Related Images