t
i
r
r
jsturla jsturla
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
There are 4 vectors, two of them are moving diagonally and one is moving down and one is going to the east direction. How do I add all these vectors togther?
Read 484 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
if you know the angle of each vector, and the magnitude, you could add them together tip-to-tail method...im pretty sure thats how, its been a while since ive done something like that
wrote...
11 years ago
with adding vectors you need this for air navigation for a simple example if you and another person stood opposite each other on each side of a river say your A and your friend is B and A sends a boat to B with the current from the water flows form the left to right the boat will be heading towards B but the current will send it further down stream so the actual path the boat takes it the resultant path sooo..........   with four vectors its hard because i cant see it but if u draw them all.. each one with its specific size moving away from each if yours is already like this u need to turn yours in like a triangle and then join two of those ends up and you'll find you resultant vector Confounded Face
wrote...
11 years ago
Add the x and y components of the vectors, the result will be the x and y components of the resultant vector.  You can then easily calculate the resultant vector, itself.

Eg.    

V1 = (3, 2)
          V2 = (5, -1)

V1+V2 = (3+5, 2+(-1))
          V1+V2 = (8,1)

V3 = sqrt(8^2 + 1^2)
          V3 = 8.06

I hope that makes sense.  Its been a while since my last physics class.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1112 People Browsing
 101 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?