l
C
s
a
t
i
r
r
Poll: Which of these news organizations do you trust the LEAST?
CNN
16 (18.6%)
MSNBC
4 (4.7%)
Fox News
31 (36%)
RT News
14 (16.3%)
I don't trust mainstream media
21 (24.4%)
Total Voters: 86  
bio_man bio_man
wrote...
Administrator
Educator
7 years ago
I'm finding that mainstream media is getting harder and harder to watch. You can't watch for five minutes without hearing something about Russia or Donald Trump. Quiet frankly, I've lost all my trust for any news organization seen on television.

What are you thoughts? Are these news channels purposely trying to promote their false narratives to the masses or are these legitimately promoting real, factual journalism?
Read 2223 times
10 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
7 years ago
I totally agree with you. CNN and other mainstream news channels are liers. All they care is selling fake news to be on top of other channels and brainwashing the people with their own thoughts and beliefs.
wrote...
7 years ago
Agreed. I've come across many conspiracy theories about the news that have definitely made me more cautious about what I watch/believe. It's almost impossible to tell whats fake and whats real these days.. Have you ever heard of crisis actors? If not, it's something I recommend taking a look at.
wrote...
7 years ago
Anything in the mainstream is fake under my books - at the very least, anything politic presented by these media outlets can't be real.
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago
Anything in the mainstream is fake under my books - at the very least, anything politic presented by these media outlets can't be real.

So what do you do when you encounter something that is factually correct?
wrote...
6 years ago
I believe all media outlets often disseminate incorrect information.  They sensationalize news.  This morning I woke up to watch the news and all they were focused on was Trumps taxes.  Not only that but there have been many times where the information that the civilian population receives as to what is going on over seas is often wrong.  Many of that news gets censored.  The news now tries to sway people either far to the left or far to the right.  No one tells the truth anymore in mainstream media.  It is a sad thing. 
wrote...
6 years ago
In other words, they're bought and sold by the highest bidder.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/sep/04/cnn-international-documentary-bahrain-arab-spring-repression

This is one of the worst examples I found, CNN's own reporter created a documentary about Bahrain and it has a lot of factual information about their government, but they didn't end up airing the film because of a deal CNN had with their top-level government.
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
wrote...
6 years ago
It's funny how fox news is trusted the least because they're they only news network that gives donald trump a fair shake relative to the rest

wrote...
Staff Member
6 years ago
Anyone hear about the firing of three executives at CNN for pushing the fake Russia story?

They've made it into a soap opera! I'm happy to see their business failing
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
6 years ago

Face Screaming in Fear
wrote...
6 years ago
It's funny how fox news is trusted the least because they're they only news network that gives donald trump a fair shake relative to the rest

Yeah, but just keep in mind, compile the mistrust with the CNN and MSNBC options, and mainstream altogether, then that side of the spectrum of mainstream news is less trusted or about as evenly distrusted.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  881 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?