t
S
m
s
bugg bugg
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I was talking to a friend today he was telling me in 2012 the earths polarity will change. Like North with become South, South become North and the earth will start to rotate in the oppsite direction. I was reading a little bit on Nasa website and it was saying that the sun's polarity was dur to change in 2012. I was just wondering do u think this will happen to earth?
I might not have I do read these things bit quickly sometimes. I think it was more like Nasa was predicting this.
Read 278 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Although it is a theory that it will happen, there is proof of similar changes that happened before and it was fast and violent, not in a long time and unnoticeable, Earth should start giving hints as what it is to come, usually changes in weather and temperature.
wrote...
11 years ago
The magnetic polarity has changed several times in the past, and the magnetic north pole wanders around a bit.  But the earth will NOT start rotating in the opposite direction.  The magnetic poles flip.  The earth, as a rotating ball, keeps rotating.  It has too much inertia to do anything else.  They don't really understand how the Earth's magnetic poles flip and can't predict when they will.  I'm wondering if you read the NASA site correctly.  I'm not sure that they can predict six years ahead that the sun's poles will flip, because the sun is even less understood than the earth.
wrote...
11 years ago
The sun changes polarity all the time. I don't believe that affects us in anyway.
The earth has changed polarity before--it's in the geological record. We are overdue.  But no one can predict when.  Look up "pole shift" --there's a good book by that name--for more information.  Pole shifts have to do with the weight of ice at the polar region becoming unstable, not ancient calendars.
Everyone is lumping everything into 2012 and associating it with the Mayan calendar "ending".  It's NOT ending!  It's just rolling over from 12 Baktuns to 13 like our calendar went from year 1999 to year 2000. No big deal.  And there's a major astronomical alignment, but it's not the type to force a pole shift.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1090 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?