l
t
S
m
s
000127629 000127629
wrote...
11 years ago
I'm male, 21. There's a bald little patch on my left eyebrow. What's going on, the right one still bushy and nice. I don't pluck eyebrows, i'm a guy. I don't have bald genes in my family. My hair is quite a lot, except my left eyebrow, it seems that the little bald patch is growing. Please help, I'm kinda scare, I don't have a lot of money for doctors.
NO please don't give me some BS advice about drawing my eyebrow. That's just not me. Give me the cause
Read 4055 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
It could be a couple of different things, assuming you don't have a recent cut/scar there, you didn't get a piercing, and you aren't rubbing/scratching the area at night.

It could be a topical fungal infection of the skin - such as as tinea capitis (ringworm). Although it occurs usually on the scalp, it also can effect eyebrows or rarely even eyelashes. Sometimes it is in an isolated spot - you wouldn't be the first person to have it infect a small patch of one eyebrow. It would typically feel scaly or flaky and itch but not always. Easily treated by prescription medication.

The other answer is something called alopecia areata. It is essentially an immune condition where your body attacks specific hair follicles. This is more difficult to treat and how aggressively you want to pursue this depend on how much it effects your appearance - if it spreads to a significant part of the eyebrow and alters your appearance, for example.

It could also be stress, hormones, or the great grab bag doctors label as "unknown cause".

One thing you can try, and works about 40-50% of the time, is apply minoxidil lotion (propecia) to the effected area and see if it helps. Just a dab where the spot is.

Whatever it is, if it bothers you or seems to be getting worse or spreading, see a doctor. Most of these things are easily diagnosed and sometimes have very simple treatments.
wrote...
11 years ago
Usually the main cause is AIDS but just get it tattooed and you'll be fine
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  851 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249