t
i
r
r
007nahid 007nahid
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
First of all I am only 14 and I have alopecia areta which has wiped put all the hair in my body. Including my eyebrows and eyelashes, I can't cope with all the comments at school,
I have scleritis in one of my eyed causing me severe pain daily, so bad that I am literally living off pain killers every day, I have uveitis on my right eye again causing me pain. On top of the I have Idiopathic intracranial hypertension which causes me pain when I move whether I would be just turning my head or running..
This lifestyle really annoys me and occasionally makes me feel sorry for myself. I kno I shouldnt be because there are so many people out there that have life threatening diseases like cancer etc. But I can't help it is there anything I can do to get rid of my alopecia my main worry.. Thanks for helping it means a lot!! Slight Smile
Read 552 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
First of all, you have done nothing wrong. Many times the illnesses we see have nothing to do with actions or choices we have made, especially as such young people.
   Your constellation of problems suggests that you have one disease which manifests in a variety of problems.  Please ask your primary care physician whether you should be evaluated by an immunologist or a pediatric internist for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.   The best way to manage a patient who still has college and her young life ahead, is to firm up a diagnosis rather than treating these as isolated other issues, and to gather a multidisciplinary team.  One physician monitors the general systemic issues, and other discipline considers where you are educationally, and another considers your psychologic adjustment through your teen years. Another looks atthe neurologic aspects, and a dermatologist might be a good idea too.   One or two gatherings of a multi-disciplinary team of which I have spoken can make a big difference in terms of the next few years of your life being more comfortable and your being more confident about the future.  It can be managed.
    Best wishes.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1033 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249