p
m
h
s
r
d
l
a
Poll: Should there be a limit to WiFi usage in cafes?
Completely Agree
5 (11.1%)
Somewhat Agree
14 (31.1%)
Completely Disagree
26 (57.8%)
Total Voters: 45  
bio_man bio_man
wrote...
Administrator
Educator
6 years ago
Every time I walk into a Starbucks, I see students with their laptops sipping on a coffee while working on their projects or studying for their tests. It leaves customers without a place to sit and enjoy a conversation. I've found myself avoiding coffee shops during exams months for this reason alone. According to this article, many coffee shop owners are feeling the same way. He has even noticed that all he hears radiating through the air is the sound of keyboards and barely any talking. The first thing customers ask for is WiFi pass-code.

So, do you agree with this coffee shop owner? Should WiFi become limited in places formally dedicated to socializing?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/small-business/we-dont-want-to-be-an-office-cafe-owners-are-pulling-the-plug-on-wifi/article34859828/
Read 1462 times
1 Reply