t
S
m
s
margaretr1989 margaretr1989
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
1. You have just observed that each action potential in a burst can trigger additional neurotransmitter release. If calcium ions are removed from the extracellular solution, what will happen to neurotransmitter release at the nerve terminal?

2. What will happen to the amount of neurotransmitter release when low amounts of calcium are added back to the extracellular solution?

3. what will happen to neurotransmitter release when magnesium is added to extracellular solution?

4. If you added more sodium to extracellular solution, could the sodium substitute for the missing calcium?

5. how does botulinum toxin block synaptic transmission? why is it used for cosmetic procedures?

thank you!! your answers help me figure out how you came to that conclusion and I am able to understand it better. I am having a hard time with these... the book doesn't give you much help/insight so anything is greatly appreciated!!
Read 1099 times
1 Reply