t
i
r
r
bugaian bugaian
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
11 years ago
I've heard that freckles are hereditary, and I believe this is true, especially when I see people whose faces and bodies are covered with them. However, there are also some people who only have a few freckles on certain parts of their bodies. For example, I'm freckle-free, except for a few on my nose. I have some Irish ancestors who had freckles and red hair, so even if they were covered in freckles, is it possible that I also inherited this gene, but to a lesser extent?
Read 682 times
15 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
nope..
wrote...
11 years ago
Some just come from the sun, but now you can laser them off with no problem at all.
wrote...
11 years ago
No, they are usually caused my the sun anyway...
wrote...
11 years ago
God gave you them.
wrote...
11 years ago
pretty much
wrote...
11 years ago
No. people get freckles all the time. It can also come from the sun.
wrote...
11 years ago
My mom is covered in freckles but I only get a few on my nose during the summer months.
wrote...
11 years ago
I have freckles... not overly.. and black hair (well whats left of it)

If I do go out in the sun, they do come out, but not over exposure to the sun.. it's more to do with your actual skin type, and yes they react moreso to the sun, but I don't sit in the sun wrecking my skin and making it look like old leather.

some people like them.. and NO u don't have to have red hair or be blonde to have them =)
wrote...
11 years ago
it depends on the recessive and dominant traits. it can be. it has been proven but like anything in science, nothing is certain.
wrote...
11 years ago
It is and isn't. You have to see how you turn out! If you get freckles and dont like them, just put some lemon juice on a cotton ball and hold on your freckles for three minutes. Keep protected from the sun.
Happy Thanksgiving!
~maddie
wrote...
11 years ago
Well, I think they are, but you can also get them from the sun!!!
wrote...
11 years ago
Mackerel are dark spots, brown, pinpoint (the precise limits) that recobrem especially the regions malares (cheeks) and anterior and posterior chest, are the areas of greatest sun exposure.

It has a hereditary characteristic, as are more frequent in people from skin and eyes clear, which have particularly increased sensitivity to the sun.

The main factor desencadeante to the sunlight and this is because of a response of the skin to solar aggression; the skin pigmenta is to prevent the penetration of the sun.

The peak onset of adolescence is the freckles until adulthood, when then occurs a decrease of the same due to decreased function of melanocytes (cells responsible for pigmentation).

What happens with the advance of age is the emergence of melanoses solar (senile spots), which are stained brown with clear edges irregular arranged around the face and the backs of the hands.

The most modern treatment for mackerel is the use of lasers (especially that of ruby) and light pulsada (Photoderm ®).

The creams work weakly in the treatment of freckles, eventually may be used substances clareadoras containing hydroquinone, retinoic acid, acid kójico, and others, evening and subsequent use of solar filters in the morning.

It can be used with any result peelings of retinoic acid, salicylic acid or trichloracetic acid.

The main surgical treatment for the treatment of freckles is the use of laser and light pulsada but think of surgery of freckles determine the exchange of the same by a scar, which does not justify this indication. For the laser treatment the primary care is not sunshine after 20 or 30 days.

The main counter-indications are patients of skin morena that could tarnish after treatment.

I spoke well in English? Because I am Brazilian.
wrote...
11 years ago
I've also noticed (too!),that Redheads have freckles. I noticed that red-headed males have more. This is interesting,and maybe someone who answers,can give details why.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1015 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249