r
d
l
a
denalez25 denalez25
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
 Discuss the effectiveness of John Wesley's use of anecdote in God Brought Me Safe.
Read 362 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
3 months ago
“God Brought Me Safe” is a personal account by John Wesley of his voyage to America in 1735. The book is filled with anecdotes that illustrate Wesley’s faith and his belief in divine providence.

Wesley’s use of anecdote is effective in several ways. First, it helps to make his writing more engaging and relatable to readers. By sharing personal stories, Wesley is able to connect with his audience on a more emotional level. Second, the anecdotes help to illustrate his points and make his arguments more persuasive. For example, when Wesley describes how he was saved from a storm at sea, he is able to use this story to demonstrate the power of prayer and the importance of faith. Finally, the anecdotes help to humanize Wesley and make him more approachable. By sharing his own struggles and doubts, he is able to show that he is not perfect and that he too has had to rely on God’s grace.

Overall, Wesley’s use of anecdote is an effective way to convey his message and make his writing more engaging. By sharing personal stories, he is able to connect with his readers and make his arguments more persuasive. I hope this helps!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1059 People Browsing
 125 Signed Up Today
Related Images