p
m
h
s
r
d
l
a
Poll: Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes
26 (40.6%)
No
38 (59.4%)
Total Voters: 64  
bio_man bio_man
wrote...
Administrator
Educator
6 years ago
Love in an intricate emotion. Some people believe it is the strongest emotion a human can feel. Others simply describe it in terms of dopamine, a chemical that controls this feeling.

We'd like to what you think.
Read 1502 times
10 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
6 years ago
it depends on the person characteristic. some people follow their head (they think before they make decision) rather than heart (they're emotional and thus they follow what's their heart desires without thinking of the consequences) and vice versa.
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago
it depends on the person characteristic. some people follow their head (they think before they make decision) rather than heart (they're emotional and thus they follow what's their heart desires without thinking of the consequences) and vice versa.

I meant when you see someone, you instantly fall in love and believe s/he is the one
wrote...
6 years ago
You can love someone at first sight...it's just not usually a very accurate perception.
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago Edited: 6 years ago, bio_man
You can love someone at first sight...it's just not usually a very accurate perception.

I think having a good feeling about someone shouldn't be mistaken with love. Love is so intricate and hard to build. It's impossible to build something out of one's appearance other than lust and fantasy. At least to me it is Neutral Dummy
wrote...
6 years ago
I do believe in love at first sight but there are many factors that make it happen from personal charisma to the emotional phase. It can be different for everyone
wrote...
Staff Member
6 years ago
I think everyone has fallen into this trap at some point in their lives. They see someone they're physically attracted to and they try to make it work. I think guys are bigger suckers for this than girls, since most girls are shy to approach guys.

I blame Hollywood or MTV or movies in general
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago
I think guys are bigger suckers for this than girls, since most girls are shy to approach guys.

A guy or a girl who's never experienced love apart from their parent's love will fall for it, so it's a gender neutral thing.
wrote...
6 years ago
Love is a powerful word that can destroy one person without even lifting a hand! i believe its not love at first sight but like.
wrote...
6 years ago
agreed ... it should be called lust as first sight, there's no love but desire.

what's sad is that 50 percent believe in it
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago
agreed ... it should be called lust as first sight, there's no love but desire.

what's sad is that 50 percent believe in it

Right now it's roughly 40/60, so there's hope for humanity Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1097 People Browsing
 119 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431