s
r
d
l
a
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
6 years ago
Referring to following articles, CO2 helps to relax muscle, I would like to know on whether drinking soda water would help relax on muscle or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

This fact, together with the properties of CO2 mentioned previously, will help us to understand the mechanism by which normal carbon dioxide concentrations can restore the harmonious work of different muscular groups (such as all smooth muscles of arteries and arterioles, the heart, respiratory muscles, muscles of the digestive tract, etc.) in order to eliminate muscular spasms (e.g., heart attacks, asthma attacks, constipation, etc.). In fact, there are separate web pages that consider how CO2 deficiency contributes or even creates chest breathing, vasoconstriction, and bronchoconstriction.

http://www.normalbreathing.com/CO2-muscles.php
Read 236 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago
Muscles cells produce a vast amount of CO2. CO2 mixed with water creates an acidic compound that lowers the PH of the blood, throwing homeostasis off balance. I've personally never heard of the claim that CO2 causes muscle relaxation. In fact, it is a waste product of cellular respiration. That's the extent of what I know.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
6 years ago
Referring to following articles, I would like to know on how Coke can treat as a medicine.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions :>

Coca-Cola (often referred to simply as Coke) is a carbonated soft drink[1] produced by The Coca-Cola Company. Originally intended as a patent medicine,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago Edited: 6 years ago, bio_man
Interesting question:

Originally, it was sold as a syrup, and this "syrup" at the time was advertised as a "nerve tonic" to calm people down because it contained cocaine! The syrup had one half-ounce of coca leaf per gallon, amounting to about a little over one-hundreth of a grain.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  993 People Browsing
 166 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293