l
t
S
m
s
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
6 years ago Edited: 6 years ago, oem7110
Referring to following video, I would like to know on whether infrared improves blood circulation or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Post Merge: 6 years ago

I would like to know on far infrared ray effect on ATP processing energy.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Read 431 times
11 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
6 years ago
Hi oem7110, welcome back.

I would like to know on far infrared ray effect on ATP processing energy.

I can't find any resources that suggest infrared interacting with out body's ability to generate ATP. I'd say it does not have an effect.

Referring to following video, I would like to know on whether infrared improves blood circulation or not.

Here's a study done on rats that show a correlation between blood flow and exposure to infrared.

The results of the present study show that infrared radiation remarkably improves intraosseous blood circulation, and these effects continue for at least 30 minutes. It is, therefore, suggested that infrared radiation can be used as a measure of thermotherapy in some bones to improve intraosseous blood circulation.

Did you find any studies related to this?
oemBiology Author
wrote...

Post Merge: 6 years ago

wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
6 years ago
Neither of these videos correlate ATP production with infrared exposure. There's no connection
oemBiology Author
wrote...

I would like to know on whether red light makes blood vessel contract or expand.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions :>
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
6 years ago
See the study below (attached) More from the study, quoted below:

Fifty-nine of the 68 studies reviewed applied LASER or LED inside the optical therapeutic window and 9 applied them in the range of blue or green, and even so biological effects were observed. Although light in the blue and green wavelengths range can achieve significant effects in cells, the use of low power light in animals and humans involves almost exclusively light in red and near infrared wavelengths.

The mechanism of light action on the cellular level that supports its biological effects is based on photobiological reactions. A photobiological reaction involves the absorption of a specific wavelength of light by photoreceptor molecules. ... The authors concluded that cytochrome c oxidase could absorb light in different spectral bands (red and near infrared), probably in the binuclear centers CuA and CuB (oxidized forms).

Interesting, that's found in the mitochondra!  Smiling Face with Open Mouth

Photobiological reactions can be classified into primary and secondary. Primary reactions derive from the interaction between photons and the photoreceptor, and they are observed in a few seconds or minutes after the irradiation of light. On the other hand, secondary reactions are effects that occur in response to primary reactions, in hours or even days after the irradiation procedure.

The answer you're looking for...

In short, light absorption depending on the wavelength, causes primary reactions on the mitochondria. These are followed by a cascade of secondary reactions (photosignal transduction and amplification) that occur in the cytoplasm, membrane and nucleus as shown by the Karu model. Nevertheless, there is a hypothesis about a modification in the Karu model. It is believed that the red light is absorbed by cytochrome-c oxidase inside the mitochondria, while the infrared wavelength is absorbed by specific cell membrane proteins directly affecting membrane permeability; both pathways lead to the same photobiological end response.

Electric Light Bulb I take it back, there IS a correlation between red light (infrared) and the mitochondria
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
6 years ago
I would like to know on what ATP actually release into cells as an energy, and how to describe this substance.

wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
6 years ago
ATP is a nucleotide that contains a nitrogenous base, a sugar molecule, and 3 phosphates, which is called triphosphate.

The green presents the adenine, the purple represents the sugar molecule, and the purple circles represent the phosphate functional group.

When the molecule has 3 phosphates, it is a charged molecule that is used in cellular reactions, almost like a battery source. An uncharged ATP molecule is called ADP, adenosine DI phosphate.

The phosphate breaks off only via hydrolysis reactions:

oemBiology Author
wrote...
6 years ago
Referring to following statement, I would like to know on following enquiry as shown below:
1) Is Phosphate carrying negative charges?
2) Do our body actually need phosphorus or charging particle (electrons) to build and repair bones and teeth?

"Phosphate is a charged particle (ion) that contains the mineral phosphorus. The body needs phosphorus to build and repair bones and teeth, help nerves function, and make muscles contract. Most (about 85%) of the phosphorus contained in phosphate is found in bones. The rest of it is stored in tissues throughout the body."
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/phosphate-in-blood
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
6 years ago
Yes, phosphate has an overall negative charge in aqueous solution, and you'd expect that because it is an ion.

Phosphorous is abundant in nearly everything we consume. It is not a limiting factor when it comes to ATP production.

oemBiology Author
wrote...
so do our cells mainly need electrons? which is carried by phosphate, would it be correct?

Do you have the chemical formula on how cells interacts with phosphate group?

I would like to know on whether phosphate is delivered electrons through blood vessels or nerve system, if cells only require electron for energy.

wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
6 years ago Edited: 6 years ago, bio_man
In order for cells to generate ATP, a chemical source, such as glucose, is required.

Glucose goes through a complex process of degradation, known as cellular respiration, where its electrons are collected, and the energy holding its carbon bonds are used to power the recycling of ATP from ADP.

Another key component required to produce ATP is oxygen, this is especially true in prokaryotes. Oxygen is required as the final electron acceptor in a process referred to as oxidative phosphorylation.

It's important to note that phosphate is found abundantly in nature since it is made up of phosphorus and four oxygen atoms. It is found abundantly in the foods we consume - meat and plant products - and is delivered via the bloodstream.

Understanding the whole process isn't difficult, but it is very complicated. In short, there are two main ways phosphate gets incorporated in ATP. The first way is called substrate-level phosphorylation, and the second - as discussed above - is called oxidative phosphorylation. Maybe that will give you a starting point to learning about cellular respiration.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  975 People Browsing
Related Images