r
d
l
a
drthsideous drthsideous
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Not so good with this stuff, but I'm ok.  Here goes.  They also ask for the rationale.

Identify the main issue of the following passage:

How could you say that you like those kinds of movies? Boy are you dumb. I guess you can’t distinguish bad acting from good. And those movies have lousy photography. What a stupid plot, too. And how much do you pay for those movies? That price is insane.

A. You are a dumb person.   

B. You have terrible taste in movies   

C. You pay too much for your movies.   

Read 653 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
11 years ago
I don't know much about physiology/sociology, but isn't it obvious that B is correct?

A is wrong because the person who said these didn't really mean that you are dumb. He just wanted to emphasize the fact that you like bad movies. In addition, he spends a mere sentence for that (so it surely isn't the main issue)

C is wrong too: He mainly wants to tell you that these bad movies doesn't deserve such a high price. In addition, these two last sentences are too few to be considered the main issue.

B is probably correct: The text starts saying that you can't possibly like these moves (which means you have a bad taste in movies). He spends three more sentences trying to convince you that the movies you like are bad. So, most of the text is referred to your bad taste in movies.
The above mean that the main issue is probably B.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1094 People Browsing
 125 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 328