d
l
a
boing boing
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Hello so, this is the question

The body uses atoms in different ways to accomplish different task. For example, one portion of the body's calcium supply stengthens bones, whearease another portion combines with proteins to stimulate blood cloting after tissue injury. Which of the statments below provides the most logical chemical explaniation of calcium's ability to perform such different functions?

A. The bone contains calcium salts, which are less reactive than the calcium ion found in the blood.
B. The calcium in blood is a more reactive form of the atom and therefore has fewer protons than the calcium in bone.
C. Thre are many different isotopes of clacium, and the most realtive isotope is found in the bone.
D. The calcium in blood has a lighter atomic mass than the calcium in bone and is in a more reactive form.
E. The calcium in blood has fewer protons, is a more reactive form of the atom, and has a lighter atomic mass tha the calcium in bone.

Okay... I don't think it is E or B though ,but I don't know what is the answer. Help me  Confounded Face
Read 969 times
4 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
I think its The bone contains calcium salts, which are less reactive than the calcium ions found in the blood.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
boing Author
wrote...
12 years ago
I think its The bone contains calcium salts, which are less reactive than the calcium ions found in the blood.
Thank you for answering it.
Still I don't know why they are less reactive Frowning Face 
Answer accepted by topic starter
duddyduddy
wrote...
Staff Member
Top Poster
12 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science