t
i
r
r
jgosset2 jgosset2
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago Edited: 6 years ago, jgosset2
Waterbury Insurance Company wants to study the relationship between the amount of fire damage and the distance between the burning house and the nearest fire station. This information will be used in setting rates for insurance coverage. For a sample of 30 claims for the last year, the director of the actuarial department determined the distance from the fire station (x) and the amount of fire damage, in thousands of dollars (y). The MegaStat output is reported below.

ANOVA table
  Source   SS   df   MS   F
  Regression   1,864.5782   1   1,864.5782       38.83
  Residual   1,344.4934   28   48.0176       
  Total   3,209.0716   29           

Regression output
  Variables   Coefficients   Std. Error   t(df=28)
  Intercept   12.3601       3.2915   3.755
  Distance–X   4.7956       0.7696   6.231

a-1.   Write out the regression equation. (Round your answers to 3 decimal places.)

Y = 12.360 + 4.796X.

a-2. Is there a direct or indirect relationship between the distance from the fire station and the amount of fire damage?
The relationship between distance and damage is: ____

b. How much damage would you estimate for a fire 5 miles from the nearest fire station? (Round your answer to the nearest dollar amount.)
Estimated damage: $ _____

c-1. Determine and interpret the coefficient of determination. (Round your answer to 3 decimal places.)
Coefficient of determination:_____   

d-1. Determine the correlation coefficient. (Round your answer to 3 decimal places.)
Correlation coefficient: .7622

e-1. State the decision rule for .01 significance level: H0 : ρ = 0; H1 : ρ ≠ 0. (Negative value should be indicated by a minus sign. Round your answers to 3 decimal places.)
Reject H0 if t < ___ or t >____

e-2.   Compute the value of the test statistic. (Round your answer to 2 decimal places.)
Value of the test statistic:_____

Post Merge: 6 years ago

This is due in the next hour.
Read 1457 times
9 Replies