d
m
d
p
bkclan3 bkclan3
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Cytokinesis in animal cells is accomplished by constriction of the cell along the plane of cell division (formation of a cleavage furrow). In plant cells, which have cell walls, a completely different mechanism of cytokinesis has evolved.

Which of the following statements are true of cytokinesis in plant cells? Select the two that apply.

The choices for answers are...

The plasma membrane of the parent cell grows inward, eventually joining with the cell plate.

After chromosome separation is complete, a network of microfilaments forms near the plane of cell division that will separate the two new cells.

Vesicles from the Golgi apparatus move along microtubules, coalesce at the plane of cell division, and form a cell plate.

The cell plate consists of the plasma membrane and cell wall that will eventually separate the two daughter cells.

Please help me! I can't figure this out.
Read 3059 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
I think 2 and 3 are correct. =)
vutam_a
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience
PhD. Candidate in Neuroscience

wrote...
11 years ago
I agree with ehd123, two and three sound the most accurate
wrote...
11 years ago
Cytokinesis in animal cells is accomplished by constriction of the cell along the plane of cell division (formation of a cleavage furrow). In plant cells, which have cell walls, a completely different mechanism of cytokinesis has evolved.

Which of the following statements are true of cytokinesis in plant cells? Select the two that apply.

The choices for answers are...

The plasma membrane of the parent cell grows inward, eventually joining with the cell plate.

After chromosome separation is complete, a network of microfilaments forms near the plane of cell division that will separate the two new cells.

Vesicles from the Golgi apparatus move along microtubules, coalesce at the plane of cell division, and form a cell plate.

The cell plate consists of the plasma membrane and cell wall that will eventually separate the two daughter cells.

Please help me! I can't figure this out.
It's
&
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1480 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 608