M
C
l
s
DeMonic DeMonic
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
4 years ago
Cassidy often fails to complete homework before bedtime. As a fifth grader she knows she needs to do homework when she gets home, but she gets on her computer and plays video games with her friends and other random players. When her mom gets home, it's time to help with dinner and chores. Her mom, believing Cassidy is old enough to take responsibility for her homework, doesn't like to hassle with Cassidy over homework before bedtime. How might Cassidy's mom use cognitive behavior modification to improve this situation? In your answer, include specific quotes the mom might use.
Textbook 

Educational Psychology

Edition: 13th
Author:
Read 195 times
10 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
X3r0XX3r0X
wrote...
4 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More questions for this book are available here
Cassidy's mom might teach her daughter to use cognitive behavior modification to become self-regulated about completing homework after school. The process involves self-talk and self-instruction. The mom needs to model the process by showing Cassidy how she uses self-talk to complete important tasks.
She might use the example of planning meals for the week. She might say, "What meals will I prepare for dinner each school night? Do I have the items I need to make each meal? What groceries do I need to get on Saturday?"
Next, Cassidy's mom might roleplay the questions Cassidy could ask herself every day after school. "What homework do I have? Which task should I do first? I'll make a list and check off everything before I play video games." Cassidy's mom might ask Cassidy to make a list of the questions she'll ask herself every day after school. Then she might follow up, checking with Cassidy after school the next day and periodically over the next few weeks.
This verified answer contains over 170 words.